Friday 8 October 2010

Magazine Front Cover Mock Up



This is my first mock up of a magazine, I noticed a lot of basic elements about a magazine which i had not used or had used incorrectly. For example the point style i used for the masthead was not really relevant to the genre and audience of my target market of my 'Sport' Magazine. i found this out after researching other Sport magazines and i found that they point styles they used were really close together, basic, but still stood out. So in my improved magazine cover i will change it. Other main things on my magazine that don't really work are that there is no background and nothing really stands out at all on the front cover which is going to sway my audience away from taking interest in it and looking at it. Also there are way too many different font colours which just don't work very well together and it makes the audience unsure where to look first. The layout is also very unprofessional and the bar code has writing over it which means it would not be able to be scanned properly. There puffs are very uncoordinated in how they have been placed and the whole cover just generally looks very unprofessional. In my improved version of this front cover i will change all of these things and make it more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment